The community of Allerford are delighted to announce the annual upcoming Allerford Open Day on Saturday 11 March, a spring celebration of all that’s on offer in this picturesque West Somerset and Exmoor village.
They welcome you and all the family to spend the day with them. Allerford is a beautiful village positioned between Minehead and Porlock, which is just a stone’s throw from the A39 and is part of the National Trust’s Holnicote Estate.
The day will include the following:
- Traditional blacksmiths display and working demonstration at Allerford Forge by West Country Blacksmiths.
- Allerford Community Hall & Recreation Ground will be holding their annual Spring Flower & Produce Show plus varied local craft and produce stalls. Licenced bar, lunches, teas, etc. will be served all day. Children’s playground and, weather permitting, outside games.
- Visit the recently refurbished West Country Rural Life Museum housing thousands of Exmoor artifacts and an extensive photographic archive from the 1800s to the 1950s.
- Cross lane House, a beautifully refurbished late-medieval hotel and restaurant, will be serving light refreshments. Meet the National Trust Rangers and learn about the new Hedgerow Regeneration Scheme in the lovely cobbled courtyard and Linhay.
- Browse collectibles, indulge in a light lunch or cream tea at Allerford Post Office, Tea Room & Garden
Why not bring the whole family and make a day of it? Allerford enjoys well-maintained and signposted walks through the ancient woodlands and the famous Packhorse Bridge, perfect for paddling. The village has something for everyone.
Free parking is available throughout the village, at Piles Mill, Cross Lane House, in the central village car park and at the Community Hall.