The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) has a long-standing reputation with its flower shows such as RHS Chelsea, Hampton Court, Chatsworth and Tatton Park. Now the altogether different and more relaxing experience of the Garden Flower Show comes back to Rosemoor in Devon.
For three days, 17-19 August, RHS Garden Rosemoor in Torrington, Devon will host its second Garden Flower Show, sponsored by Atkins Ferrie Wealth Management. Following visitor feedback, this year the Rosemoor team have worked hard to bring you an even bigger and better show featuring increased flower power. Key changes include a new floral display trail, The British Flower Bus, flower arranging demonstrations, more stalls, more specialist talks and all within 65 acres of stunning grounds.
Rosemoor is located in a sheltered valley in Devon and, unlike traditional temporary flower shows, it has permanent show and model gardens with amazing planting displays like its iconic Hot Garden and Long Borders, water features, and wonderful Fruit and Vegetable Gardens to provide inspiration for everyone no matter how large or small their garden is.
Brand New for 2018
- Floral Display Trail. Some of North Devon’s finest flower clubs have designed flower displays in five of the garden shelters that all have a ‘Tales of Beatrix Potter’ theme.
- Jonathan Moseley’s British Flower Bus will be at the show promoting British Flowers.
- Flower Arranging Demonstrations. The five flower clubs as well as Jonathan Moseley will be giving up to four Flower Arranging Demonstrations each day of the show.
- Food and drink to tempt you including a new banquet style food hall.
Other Show Highlights
- Increased number of nurseries and trade stands.
- More talks from specialist nurseries as well as a ‘Question Time’ with Rosemoor’s garden team.
- The Flower Show Breakfast, hosted by the Garden Curator and his team of gardeners. This very popular event is open to anyone, includes a delicious hot breakfast hosted by the Rosemoor Garden Team, gives guaranteed on-site parking, and exclusive early access to the show on Friday 17 and Saturday 18 August. Breakfast tickets need to be booked online in advance.
- A number of other stands including RHS Advisory with Plant Finder, Devon Plant Heritage, Bicton College, The Animal & Plant Health agency and WFGA (providing information on working and retraining as a gardener) will also be at this year’s show.
- Why not relax by the lake whilst listening to delightful music and sipping on a Pimms’ or Rosemoor’s very own Gin. There will be acoustic minstrels ambling through the showground as well.
- The Rosemoor Plant Centre & Gift Shop will also be fully stocked with wonderful plants, gifts, toys, gardening tools and accessories or mementos of your visit.
- Family friendly activities such as circus skills in one of the children’s play areas or you can follow the Jurassic Discovery Garden Trail… which may have a few (large) surprises along the way!
- Free park and ride shuttle from two locations in Great Torrington: Torrington Rugby Club, EX38 7BT and South Street Car Park, EX38 8AE.
Rosemoor’s second Garden Flower Show promises to be a grand day out for everyone.
Normal garden admission applies, which is free for RHS Members. Please visit www.rhs.org.uk/gardens/rosemoor/RHS-Garden-Rosemoor-Flower-Show or call 01805 626810 for more details.